Old 30-05-2011, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default sharpening secateurs

"Emery Davis" wrote in message
Hi all,

I'd like to sharpen up my faithful Felco #2 secateurs, what's the best
method?

Thanks,

-E

Use a small oilstone and sharpen the angle.

DO NOT, REPEAT NOT TOUCH THE FACES WHICH SLIDE TOGETHER Sorry for shouting
but the two faces which slide together are a scissor slicing action
............. (look at a pair of scissors and see how they slice as they come
together)

You only need a small oilstone, mine was a free sample from a Rep when I had
my factories, and use 3 in 1 or suchlike oil.

An angle of ABOUT 45 degrees.

Try slicing paper when you feel they are right.

Mike

Remember, a statue has never been erected to a critic.