Old 31-05-2011, 03:49 AM posted to rec.gardens
Nad R Nad R is offline

Default Will you be gardening 10 years from now?

wrote:
Chris writes:

On May 30, 5:37 pm, wrote:
Nad R writes:
wrote:

1. Adopt a positive attitude.
2. Life (and gardens) will find a way.

I disagree with your two points on life.

#1 Adopting a positive attitude is a risky game in my book.

Those that think with a positive attitude tend to cut corners where they
should not. "Just get it done... And hope for the best". A person with a
negative attitude knows things can fail and will try and foresee all
negative outcomes and makes the best of it for the money and outcome. Spend
some extra time and get it right.

#2 Life does not always find away.

The earth is in sad shape because of reckless human behaviors. People are
always putting profit over health and environment.

Being afraid and expecting the worst is no way to go through life.

Somehow, with my basically positive attitude I manage to minimize my
impact on the environment and leave the world a little better than I
found it.

The earth has a lot of problems, but in my short life I've seen Blue
Claws return to the Hudson. My neighborhood (NJ) is crawling with deer,
I see foxes, wild turkeys, bears. There was a coyote in Manhattan a
while back.

--
Dan Espen

You see deer because of bad land management practices and the
elimination of predators.

I hate the deer. But the land is healthy enough to support a load of
them and we aren't hunting them to extinction.

NO, they are breading because it illegal to shoot the does in numbers, a
bad management policy. I have had two deer hits with my truck that has cost
me and the insurance company lots of money.The only predator they have are
humans... I say bring back the panthers and wolves in your back yard to
bring nature back in balance. Also deer are not native to America.

Wild turkeys have been introduced to many areas.

Not here. They're back because there are ecosystems that can support
them. And we aren't hunting them to extinction.

They breed turkeys and pheasants here in Michigan also. They DNR also
breeds fish for the great lakes. Without breeding it is estimated the great
would have no fish in just five years or less.

Black bears are extremely versatile animals. When you see them in
human-inhabited areas, it means they do not have sufficient wild area
for them to establish a territory.

No, they're doing so well in the wild areas that they overflow into
human inhabited areas. And we aren't hunting them to extinction.

Ditto, coyotes.

Black bears are not doing well here also. Those Asians want big bucks for
bear's liver as an aphrodisiac. So the poaching is devastating them.

Please enlighten me with more positive views... Pathetic...