Old 31-05-2011, 01:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Runner beans?

"alan.holmes" wrote in news:VMSEp.19878
:

I have planted about 20 runner beans and a whole three have come up!(:-(

Alan

Runner beans IME are the most stubborn of things, but they usually appear.
Some within days and others in weeks, but they do show.
I do mine indoors now in 3"pots then plant out. Hassle I know but it takes
the uncertaincy out of it all.
Its not too late to try, they will catch up.
I always soak beans and peas overnight prior to sowing and am convinced it
helps germination.

Best wishes with it all and fingers crossed you will have 20 bean plants
crawling up your canes (if you know what I mean)

Baz