Old 31-05-2011, 06:52 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Will you be gardening 10 years from now?

In article ,
jellybean stonerfish wrote:

On Mon, 30 May 2011 14:24:26 -0700, Billy wrote:

The Ogalla Aquifer in Nebraska and Kansas seems OK, but it is running
dry in Texas and New Mexico. Aquifers in Yemen, India, northern China,
Afghanistan, Mexico, and Pakistan are being pumped faster than they can
recharge. There is fossil water aquifers in Saudi Arabia, which are
close to running dry. One fifth of the American grain, 3/5 Indian grain,
and 4/5 of China's grain comes from irrigation. India and China account
for 40% of the worlds population. These 3 countries account for 50% of
the world's annual grain harvest. Half the world's population live in
countries with falling aquifers. Forty percent of the world's grain
comes from irrigated land, and 70% of the worlds fresh water is used for
irrigation.

Snip of rest.

Billy, have you seen the movie, "Home" from the Home Project.

You might like it, if you can stay awake. ( I had to watch it twice,
fell asleep the first time.)

No, I haven't seen it, yet. I just looked at the trailer and the
photography is magnificent. Thanks.
http://www.youtube.com/homeproject#p/a/f/0/jqxENMKaeCU

I presume that most people would rather stick their heads in the sand
rather than know what's going on. That may be a reasonable thing to do
since there doesn't seem to be much of anything that we can do about the
destruction of habitat on our planet that we, and other species, require
to survive. It has been calculated that to continue consuming natural
resources, sustainably, at our present rate, we would need one and a
half Earths. In a reasonable world, ****ed-off, irate citizens would be
in the streets with pitchfork and torches, insisting on our world back,
but Americans aren't Egyptians. By the time we are, it may be too late.

World wide water and food shortages by 2020 - 30 (The federal government
says that thirty-six states face water shortages in the next five
years.), 12 billion people by 2065, and our 400 Mubaraks salt away
billions of dollars against the coming hard times. Billionaires can't be
too careful in protecting themselves. They need our money. It is the
billionaires who own the corporations that buy the politicians, who need
a billion dollars to run for president. ($1,000,000,000)

Taxes
Citizen$ --- Government --- Corporations --- Top 1% --Where our
money went

but I digress.
--
- Billy

Mad dog Republicans to the right. Democratic spider webs to the left. True conservatives, and liberals not to be found anywhere in the phantasmagoria
of the American political landscape.

America is not broke. The country is awash in wealth and cash.
It's just that it's not in your hands. It has been transferred, in the
greatest heist in history, from the workers and consumers to the banks
and the portfolios of the uber-rich.
http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/.../michael-moore
/michael-moore-says-400-americans-have-more-wealth-/