Old 31-05-2011, 09:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Runner beans?

The haricot beans have been a disaster, something has eaten most of them
- the stems were chewed off just above ground level, no sign of the tops
of the plants. The likely culprit are pigeons who often hang around and
steal my brassica seedlings too. Oddly they've never bothered the runner
bean seedlings.

That sounds like mice to me, they take the tops away and stash them, I
have had them do that to seed trays of plants, and have found the tops
between the boxes, I've known then striip 6 seed trays in a night