Old 31-05-2011, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
John Rye[_2_] John Rye[_2_] is offline

Default Recommend Greenhouse Use

Hello All

In article ,
Judith wrote:

At the moment I use my greenhouse for starting off various seeds : eg
courgettes, runnerbeans, tomatoes, herbs and then transplant the tomatoes
in the greenhouse and put the others in the garden.

I hence have half a greenhouse with a heated sand bed which I tend not to
use during the rest of the year.

What would people suggest that I can put this area to good use with?

I would suggest filling with colour. What you can do depends to some extent
on Winter conditions in greenhouse, but you good grow Achimenes
overwintering the tubercles on the house, and you could grow greenhouse
annuals like Schizanthus.

John

--
John Rye