Old 31-05-2011, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_3_] Bob Hobden[_3_] is offline

Default Recommend Greenhouse Use

"Bob Hobden" wrote ..

"Judith" wrote

At the moment I use my greenhouse for starting off various seeds : eg
courgettes, runnerbeans, tomatoes, herbs and then transplant the
tomatoes in
the greenhouse and put the others in the garden.

I hence have half a greenhouse with a heated sand bed which I tend not
to use
during the rest of the year.

What would people suggest that I can put this area to good use with?

Cuttings.

Our little greenhouse is now filled with tuberous begonias, most of the
seedlings for the allotment having been planted. These tubers you can easily
keep for ever provided they have a frost free place for the winter where
they can be left totally dry.
Whilst I'm not suggesting you start with any from these people it shows what
is available...
http://www.blackmore-langdon.com/
Whilst not the quality plants of the above, normally, in the spring, you can
get decent tubers at GCs for 5 for £5. or similar.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden