Old 20-04-2003, 06:22 AM
Jason Judkins

Default No PH change with DIY CO2

Dude, your pH will drop in time, some people say it goes down quite a bit,
or, respectively goes up quite a bit if you remove the co2... I have never
experienced this happening quickly... Basically i noticed a total of a .4 ph
drop in about 2 months time. (my ph is currently at 6.9-7.0)... Give it time
and ph will drop (I also use the powerhead method to ditribute the co2)

-Jason

"Rick" wrote in message
I set up 2 liter bottle of DIY CO2 about 10 days ago, mixed up 2 cups of
sugar, 1/4 tsp of yeast and a pinch of baking soda and filled the bottle
about 3/4 full. I initially had this hooked into a powerhead. It was
dispensing as I could see the puffs of gas coming out of the output. I
recently bought some Rena Micro bubblers to use rather than the power head
and now have the bottle with a fresh mix (last night) hooked into a 4"
bubbler in a 20g planted tank. My Ph in the tank remains at about 7.6. I

can
see bubbles coming out of the bubbler but should the PH not change ?. Is

the
tank not getting enough CO2, one would think in a 20g that one two liter
bottle would be enough, yes, no??

Thx.
Rick