Old 01-06-2011, 07:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Home made bird feed

"Roger Tonkin" wrote in message
Sometime ago, feb/mar I think, someone recommended mixing your own bird
seed feed, giving the idea ingredients. I carefully stored this post
away for future reference, but of course now I want it, I can not find
it. I think becuase as I was away duiring April, I unsubscribed from the
newsgroup, and Gravity dleted everything!

Has any one kept it, or have their own ideas?

For a seed feeder I use 50% sunflower hearts, 50% canary mix, all shaken up
together and kept in one of those big old sweet jars. It's spectacularly
successful.
All bought from Wilkinson's.