Old 01-06-2011, 11:08 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Pole bean questions

wrote:
Am going to try growing some pole lima beans....I have 2 types -
King of the Garden + Christmas ...... Have about 32' X 4' area along
a fence, so two rows.... Question....

How tall should trellis be?

I haven't grown those varieties so the best answer may be somewhat different
but for the ones I have grown about 2 m (6 1/2ft) is good. If it is too
short they hang down off the top too much, to tall you need a ladder.

Do I need to inoculate lima beans? Where to buy inoculant? How
does one inoculate lima beans?

I don't think so, I have never innoculated beans and they do very well.

Have lots of composted cow manure.......would this work with lima
beans?

Yes

David