Old 20-04-2003, 06:22 AM
m walczak

Default CO2 & Surface Agitation Debate-Please Comment!

So I have situation related to this Agitation topic. I have a 29 g
planted tank with DIY CO2 injection. Initially, when I step up the
tank I was just getting into fish again and did not plan on a planted
tank. Heres my problem:
I can not get my pH below 7.5. I have a UG filter and it agitates the
surface along with my over the back filter. I have gone to the
extremes of adding another bottle. one has an actual fine bubbler
stone and the other has a fairly large bell diffuser. I dose with PMDD
and my other stats are as follows,pH 7.5 KH 6, GH 9,NH2/3 0, NO2 0,
NO3 .15, Fe .10, Phos 0, 3.8 wgp (i defiantly need co2). Any
suggestions on how to lower my pH? MY plants are growing well but I
have a small fuzz or hair algae problem and growing red/ bread algae
problem, that has been ongoing for a couple months now and I think it
may be do to low co2 since there is little or no pearling most of the
time. And I think this low co2 may be from too much surface ag. Any
suggestions on possible solns?
of lower co2 or more importantly the algae...