Old 02-06-2011, 07:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default how long between applying glyphosate and chopping?

On Jun 1, 11:29*pm, The Night Tripper wrote:
Hi All
* * we & the neighbours have a Jerusalem Vine (not sure if that's the
correct name, but never mind) growing between our gardens which I'd like to
get rid of. The neighbours are happy for me to attack it via our side of the
fence but I don't want to start going round their side too much to get at
where the lower parts originate.

I am planning to spray the parts which overhang our garden with with
Glyphosate, but I would also like to subsequently cut back as much of the
overhanging vine as possible.

How long should I wait after spraying before cutting back? That is, how
quickly will the Glyphosate travel back to the rest of the plan and do its
nasty business. A day? couple of days? or should I wait a week or so until
it's actually dying off?

* * Thanks
* * J^n

If you apply this weed killer it will kill the whole plant. There is
no possibilty of you doing what you describe.