Old 02-06-2011, 11:50 AM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzzledmonkey View Post
I had seen the mention of the old MP tree kept in a pot, i had'nt really considered that the size of the container would restricted the growth of the tree (lack of gardening knowledge), but that would mean that i could restrict the tree to potentially 5/6 ft in height, which is the ideal height that i want, i had'nt really wanted to ultimately move it just pressumed it would grow to big and then i'd have to remove it.

So any ideas what size container to use, i was thinking something half a barrel size (2ft diameter, 18inches depth), is this too big/small?

Thanks
This is where I found reference to the 6 foot one. It is in something a bit smaller than you suggest, but they have had to use bonsai techniques on it to keep it happy, so something a bit bigger may be easier to manage. monkey puzzle tree puzzle? - My Garden