Old 02-06-2011, 07:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default These are decimating our Lillies big time.

On 02/06/2011 18:25, Jake wrote:
Lily beetle have one natural enemy - ME!

I'm a real lily lover and have about 2-300 of various types growing in
the ground and in tubs. I refuse to stop growing them simply because
of some "red in the bed". Early season I pinch the blighters (have you
noticed that the adults sometimes sort of squeal when you grab them!).
Then I give the plants a late night spray with Provado. Sorted.

Jake

The OP was trying to avoid pesticides, I believe. I wish him luck!

--

Jeff