Old 02-06-2011, 08:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Poorly oak tree

On 2011-05-27 01:27:44 +0100, "Christina Websell"
said:

"Moonraker" wrote in message
I have 2 oak trees in my garden. The smaller one with a trunk
circumference
of about 1 foot came into leaf as normal. Now however the leaves are
dying,
could it be the dreaded disease that is about? If so what should I
do, the
other tree,about 10 metres away is fine.

Try giving it a few gallons of water every day. That's what I would
do, to
see if it helps. It's quite a young tree and may be struggling with
the dry
weather.

If it can be done without damaging the tree, sinking a piece of piping
into the soil around it and pouring water down that would help get it
straight to the roots.

I don't think it is water shortage as it is only a few feet from a pond,
it has been there quite a while, it was there when I purchased the
property 11 years ago.

-- Do you think it is taking water from your pond?

It isn't. Give the poor thing some water every day. It's suffering.