Old 02-06-2011, 11:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Rip up your lawn

"Janet" wrote in message
In article , lid
says...

On 02/06/2011 09:05, 'Mike' wrote:

It was Carol Klein who suggested you gave up your obsession with lawns

The most sensible gardening presenter on TV. But then she's a
plantswoman, so she would say get rid of the lawn - as it takes up space
where other, more interesting (or should I just say "interesting" -
grass is not interesting at all) plants can be grown.

That's a very narrow view of the purpose of a garden. People use lawn
areas for childrens' play, dog games and excercise, badminton and croquet
etc. I prefer a washing line strung above lawn rather than paving
(cleaner if you drop the washing).

Janet

My lawn became a "playground" for my two Labs - they virtually destroyed it.
Now I only have one, aged Lab who is too tired to do any damage. He's 12
and failing fast :-(

Bill