Old 02-06-2011, 11:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
alan.holmes alan.holmes is offline

Default Poor old Farmers ............ again :-(

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
On Jun 2, 9:35 pm, "Ian B" wrote:
Roger Tonkin wrote:
In article ,
says...

Why why WHY do the farmers ALWAYS bleat hard times time and time
again?

Have you ever seen a poor farmer?

There are plenty of them around here, where hill farming of sheep is
the only possibility. Also we know that dairy farmers get less per
lire for their milk than it takes to produce (unless you run a super
farm!).

Then why are they producing it? Something economically wrong there, isn't
there?

Ian- Hide quoted text -

It's probably because people in the UK don't want to pay the real cost
of their food, and farming for many is a way of life,

I'm sure it has nothing to do with people not wanting to pay the real cost
of food, it has more to do with the greed of supermarkets who do not want to
pay the proper amount but increase their profits!

Alan