Old 03-06-2011, 07:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default how long between applying glyphosate and chopping?

"The Night Tripper" wrote .

Hi Harry, Janet

If you apply this weed killer it will kill the whole plant. There
is
no possibility of you doing what you describe.

except that I've done it before - sprayed the thing and the whole plant
hasn't died.

You might argue as to the reasons - insufficient spray, too
concentrated/not
concentrated enough, or whatever. But it's not a black and white
situation.

I want to at least get the plant under control, without having to go round
to the neighbour's side and sort it out there. If it dies along the way,
fine by me. But just hacking my part back doesn't work, as evidenced in
previous years. Hence the question.

Common reason for it not killing the plant is being impatient and cutting
off the top growth too soon before the poison has done it work at the roots.
Wait till the whole plant has gone brown, no green at all. Sometimes a
second application is needed.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden