Old 20-04-2003, 06:22 AM
Rick

Default No PH change with DIY CO2

"Jamie D" wrote in message
news:RKd1a.37308$be.24572@rwcrnsc53...

"Rick" wrote in message

50 PPM

Rick

50 ppm is around 2.8dKh. At a pH of 7.6 that's around 2 ppm of CO2, which

is
low even for a non-CO2 injected tank. With DIY I would expect at least 18
ppm of CO2, which would give you a pH of around 6.6. Either the CO2 isn't
getting into the tank for some reason, or there is something wrong with

your
test kits. I personally think 1/4tsp yeast is not enough, I would go with
half to 1 tsp - but even so, you should see at least some drop in pH with
your set-up as described. My vote is for inaccurate test kits.

Jamie
~

I use the same test kit on my Mbuna tank where I buffer the water with
baking soda and a bit of salt and it tests normally between 140 to 170 .
I'm getting a steady stream of fine bubbles from the micro bubbler so it
appears that co2 is definitely being dispensed, so I;m not sure what is
going on.

Rick