Old 03-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Tone70 Tone70 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Tone70 writes:

Hello there,
A group of friends and I have been gradually chopping down some Cypress
trees in my garden under instruction from my insurance company as
they're causing subsidence in my house.

Highly doubtful.

We've been battling away with
bow saws and even a hack saw and progress seems slow. From the start I

Hack saw? You're kidding right?

Do you mean one of these:

Buy a Husky 12 In. Combination Bow Saw and Hacksaw - 45420 at The Home Depot

If so, wrong blade.

If you want to use this tool, you want one with teeth about a half inch
long. (1.25cm).

was looking to get them down extremely cheaply and not involve expensive
tree fellers costing me hundreds of pounds which I can ill afford.
Chainsaws were mentioned but i'm looking for a more manual angle. The
bow saws we have seem to take forever to slice through the bark, could
anyone recommend something that could get the job done quicker, bearing
in mind nothing electrical! Someone at work mentioned a 'tree saw' which
is tougher than a bow saw, but I can't seem to find this tool. Would an
axe do the trick? Diesel in the bark (drastic last resort if bow saw's

Diesel? You're kidding again right?

the only option!)? Any tool that can slice through the bark quicker than
a bow saw and get the job done in half the time would be exceedingly
handy. Any ideas?

Axe is probably a little easier than a bow saw.

What you want is a chain saw. Depending on your situation, an electric
chain saw might be sufficient.

As for "tree saw" someone might be thinking of a big 2 person saw.
If you don't have 2 people forget it.

--
Dan Espen
Despen,