Old 03-06-2011, 07:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David WE Roberts[_2_] David WE Roberts[_2_] is offline

Default Acer in front garden

"Emery Davis" wrote in message
On 06/03/2011 05:28 PM, David WE Roberts wrote:

"Emery Davis" wrote in message
On 06/03/2011 01:03 PM, David WE Roberts wrote:
We have an Acer in the small front garden - pretty pale green leaves
and
forms part of a privacy barrier between the bay window and the
footpath.

Do you know the species?

No idea - can post a picture if this would help.

I'll be happy to look at it if you want to take the trouble. Otherwise,
"looks like a Japanese Acer" or "looks like a sycamore" is fine, too.

Looks like a Japanese Acer.

If it looked anything like the common Sycamore it would have been out as
soon as we moved in.
I have had bad experiences with Sycamore, which can grow and spread like a
weed.

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)