Old 03-06-2011, 11:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Poor old Farmers ............ again :-(

On Fri, 3 Jun 2011 22:51:34 +0100, Sacha wrote:

I think so and that's what worries me when people talk blithely about
'market forces'. They have NO idea what they're going to lose.

Market forces are OK provided that both sides have equal say in the
prices paid. Trouble is the big supermarkets have such domination of
the market that they control the price as the farmer has little
choice but to sell to the big supermarkets.

Economists are just as bad as accountants, they know the price of
everything but the value of nothing.

The bold and simple theories put forward by economists just don't
work in the real world there are just to many other factors involved
that they fail to take into account. If they do the results of the
theory descend into chaos, in that result varies wildly with only
tiny changes to the starting values.

--
Cheers
Dave.