Old 04-06-2011, 12:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default O.T. myxi.

"Malcolm" wrote in message

In article o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Fri, 3 Jun 2011 09:46:34 +0100, Kate Morgan wrote:

are we supposed to report myxomatosis or let it take its course, any one
know ?

JFGI "notifiable diseases
animal"

http://archive.defra.gov.uk/foodfarm.../atoz/notifiab
le.htm

There is also:

http://animalhealth.defra.gov.uk/man...iable-disease/

But that appears to miss out the notifiable diseases that have never
been seen in the UK.

Myxi does not appear to be listed and I'm certain it isn't notifiable.
It's been endemic in Britain for decades.

I have not seen it since I was a child in the 60's.
If it is not notifiable now, it should be.
It's a terrible thing.