Old 20-04-2003, 06:22 AM
Rick

Default No PH change with DIY CO2

"Bob Alston" wrote in message
AGree probably the yeast. Also, it is possible to kill the yeast - I am
told - by using too hot of water. I am told you need to use slightly warm
water but definitely NOT HOT. Also, cold water is supposed to work, just
take longer for the yeast to wake up. Before you buy more yeast, try

cooler
water.

Bob

I thought that perhaps the water was too hot when mixing up the first
batch. I did use a thermometer and tried to get the water temp about 80
degrees however it was a bit warmer and the temp may have risen
higher,however that would not have been the case the next day when I added
more yeast and certainly not the case this morning when I again added. The
fresh batch in jug two was mixed with water at a temp less than 80 so we
will see what happens.

Rick