Old 04-06-2011, 10:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Wally[_3_] Wally[_3_] is offline

Default OT

On 2011-06-04 10:09:29 +0100, "Wally" said:

This is probably the wrong group for this question
but maybe someone can help or suggest a group
that can.
Last year I tried to make rhubarb jam but couldn't
get it to set, I had two attempts and gave up.
Can anyone suggest where I am going wrong or
has a recipe that works.??
I have loads of the stuff on my lottie and don't like
to see it going to waste.

Wally

Perhaps you need more pectin than rhubarb has because it actually has very
little. You can buy pectin and I think it's already added to jam sugar.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

I did try jam sugar last year but as you say it might not be enough.
If no one comes up with any other ideas I will try adding more pectin.
Thanks for the reply Sacha.

Wally