Old 04-06-2011, 10:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Herbaceous Perennials

In message , Smeths
writes

Hi,

I am a relatively inexperienced gardener. My parents have an a very
large garden which I am trying to keep on top of.

Over the last few years I have been growing Cottage Garden type plants
e.g.

Lupins, nasturtiums sweet peas etc.

I found I can propagate Lupins easily from seed and this is great
because I have a big garden and I hope to fill a lot of space with free
plants in this way.

I have been looking on the internet trying to find seeds for perennial
herbaceous flowering plants that hopefully I can propagate throughout
the garden Like I am doing with my Lupins.

I want to start from seed as with the large spaces I have to fill it
would not be economic any other way.

Any suggestions?

Lychnis coronaria, Campanula persicifolia, Althaea officinalis, Papaver
orientale, ...

Chiltern Seeds have an extensive catalog. There are several other seed
merchants.

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley