Old 04-06-2011, 04:40 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
jellybean stonerfish jellybean stonerfish is offline

Default Potatoes in my border

On Sat, 04 Jun 2011 10:08:36 -0400, Steve Peek wrote:

"Derald" wrote in message

I'll swear, the preceeding exchange leaves me more firmly convinced
that "Aus" simply is a misspelling of "Ass". Now, if the actual
productive contributors here could resist quoting the argumentative,
self-important, all-knowing twits....

And I'm wondering if that 'ass' is supposed to mean 'arse' since
knowing the difference between a derriere and a donkey is beyond so
many people.

In the US the term arse is virtually unknown. The term ass covers a lot
of territory including the two you mentioned, both with and without a
prefix. Steve

In the US, the terme "arse" is well known. We understand it to be "ass"
with a British drawl. This is not meant to imply that our understanding
is in anyway correct, but the word is known.