Old 04-06-2011, 11:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kathy Kathy is offline

Default OT

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Sat, 04 Jun 2011 19:52:46 +0100, Mike Lyle wrote:

I believe commercial pectin is made from apples, so Wally could cut
out the middle man and make rhubarb and apple jam or jelly.

Or plums they have very high pectin levels. Maybe a google to find
the pectin levels in various fruits and give a combination that
sounds nice a whirl. Can't say that I've ever heard of anyone making
rhubard jam before, stewed for pies and crumbles or just with
custard.

You mean you've *never* had rhubarb and ginger jam!?! You have missed out!

--
Kathy