Old 20-04-2003, 06:22 AM
Alex R

Default No PH change with DIY CO2

"Rick" wrote in message
a...

like some pearling. I also have a 1 gallon jug hooked up into my 77G tank.

hooked it up two days ago and have yet to see a bubble. I have added

another
1/4 teaspoon of yeast yesterday, nada, added another 1/4 today from a

fresh
package. I hooked up another one gallon jug and added fresh yeast to it,
both jugs are hooked up via a t connection. On the first jug if I removed
the line from the anti siphon valve and held it under water while I
vigorously shook the jug I would get a few bubbles and then nothing so it

It sounds like there might be a leak in the system somewhere. I think you
should see at least some bubbles being produced. Use a spray bottle to spray
soapy water on all the connections, and if there is CO2 leaking somewhere,
you would see the bubbles being produced by the soapy water.

Remember, don't diffuse DIY CO2. It will just let the bubbles escape to the
surface without the CO2 having much chance to dissolve. Inject it into your
filter, or use one of those spiral reactors that comes with the Hagen CO2
system.
__
Alex