Old 05-06-2011, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default straw for strawberries?

"John" wrote in message
On Sun, 05 Jun 2011 16:58:37 +0100, mogga
wrote:

On Sun, 05 Jun 2011 12:00:37 GMT, Baz wrote:

mogga wrote in
:

On Sun, 5 Jun 2011 08:15:33 +0100, "'Mike'"
wrote:

"mogga" wrote in message
om...
Where do you get it from?

Ours desperately need something to keep them off the ground but am at
a loss as to where to get some straw from. Do garden centres sell it?
Can I use pet hay from the supermarket?
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk

We use straw for Pet Rabbit/Hamster bedding from our Pet Stores.
Plastic
'Carry Home' bag for about £1.50 I think it is lasts for ages.

Strawberries fast and furious now.

Mike

Ahhh the pet hypermarket huge place...
Hadn't thought of there cos it's not that close - but probably best
bet!

AND the MOST expensive bet.

a fiver for a huge bag that will last probably five years... so not
too dear...

But it's done now!

If it was meant for pets, just make sure it has not been treated with
any chemicals.

Gloom ..... "You are doooooooooooooomed"

We have been using this for years and much to a few person's disgusts, "I"
am still here.

DON'T CROSS THE ROAD. YOU MIGHT GET KILLED.

:-(((

Doom and Gloom Merchants, don't you just love them?

Mike

Remember, a statue has never been erected to a critic.