Old 05-06-2011, 10:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default O.T. myxi.

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Sat, 4 Jun 2011 00:41:39 +0100, Christina Websell
wrote:

http://archive.defra.gov.uk/foodfarm.../atoz/notifiab
le.htm

Myxi does not appear to be listed and I'm certain it isn't

notifiable.

As it's not in those Defar lists it isn't.

It should be. If you haven't seen a rabbit dying of myxi, you should.
Their eyes are so swollen up they cannot see and it affects their limbs
also.
They lie about in the countryside waiting to die and then the crows see
them.
I truly thought we didn't have it now.
When I was younger, around 13 I got very interested in wildlife and my
friend was the same.
We were always out in the countryside, studying frogs and newts and birds
and stuff and then we found these dying rabbits.
We wondered what to do. My friend said, well we are out here miles from
anywhere so what should we do, should we kill them because they are in
agony?"
I was a wimp at the time and was not in favour of doing it, but I agreed in
the end and we found a rock to bang their heads on.
It's not something that 13 yo's should have to do and I think it's a
disgusting man-made disease that we should be ashamed of and I am horrified
that it's here again.
If you have wild rabbits that are a problem, either shoot them yourself or
get someone in that can.
Tina

Tweed