Old 06-06-2011, 03:38 PM
dellablackie dellablackie is offline
Registered User

. ;925736]On Sat, 4 Jun 2011 09:57:29 +0000, dellablackie
wrote:

hi, could any one tell me at what stage a garlic plant will start to
form a bulb? we planted some out in oct, all looks good on top but
having dug one up just to be nosey noticed it looked more like a spring
onion,when do they split to form cloves? are we just wasting our time
leaving them in or is there time yet? mid july -aug to harvest. many
thanks

Mine were damaged by fox activity some weeks ago. Tops are pretty
much dead. I lifted about half of them. The bulbs are small but
flavourful. Will lift the rest tomorrow - assuming that it isn't
raining too hard.

Regards
JonH[/QUOTE
have been watering them and they have had some food ,the stems look great and the soil is good just have to wait and see what happens thanks for the replys