Old 06-06-2011, 05:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Leylandii hedges

On Mon, 6 Jun 2011 13:14:24 +0100, Janet wrote:

Jeff Bailey;925765 Wrote:
Hi there,

My garden backs onto some common land with only a 3ft wall as the
boundary. Some local youths have started congregating there especially
in
the summer evenings, making a racket and throwing litter and fag ends
over the wall,

Just inside the wall would be the ideal spot for a comfrey-tea fertiliser factory.
Use old buckets or paint pots, load up with fresh comfrey leaves (sure to be a wild colony nearby if you have none)
and fill with water. Cover with a lid or roof slate. In a fortnight, the liquid produced is a superb
fertiliser and plant conditioner (dilute to apply, and WEAR OLD CLOTHES** the tea factory also stinks to high heaven; remove the lids and trust me,
no teens will be congregating nearby. Best of all, nobody will guess the source
... they will be looking around for broken sewer drains, or decomposed bodies.

** which is why you don't ever want to get a splash on clothes you wear socially.

Janet.

LOL Janet!

Pam in Bristol