Old 20-04-2003, 06:22 AM
Eric Schreiber

Default Taking the leap - lighting retrofit

tose (LeighMo) wrote:

I do have DIY CO2 going (two bottles), and despite the turbulence that
comes with an Eclipse system, the CO2 level has gone up a bit (from
2.8 to 6.2 ppm). It's not as high as I'd like, naturally, but it may
be the best I'm going to see.

Is there any way you can reduce the turbulence? That's not much CO2.

I've managed to reduce the turbulence by redirecting the output flow
of the Eclipse filter towards the front corner of the tank, where
instead of running across the top of the tank it flows down below the
surface right away. I've also increased my CO2 flow a lot, by using
two bottles with an entire teaspoon of yeast each (I had been using a
quarter teaspoon). And I'm already using peat in my filter.

So my pH is 7.6, KH is 13.5, so CO2 is 10.2 ppm. Best I've gotten it
so far. I'll try some new peat tomorrow, to see if that helps at all,
too.

--
www.ericschreiber.com