Old 06-06-2011, 07:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default IDs Please?

On 2011-06-06 17:53:05 +0100, Stewart Robert Hinsley
said:

In message , Pam Moore
writes
On Mon, 6 Jun 2011 12:19:01 +0100, louisxiv wrote:

Hi
These are possibly very obvious to you guys but not, alas, to me.

Firstly:

http://tinypic.com/r/sxbwd0/7

And also:

http://tinypic.com/r/2u76s14/7

Want to get these right as they're from my late mum's garden and want
to do them justice.

The first looks to me like a rubber plant.

Perhaps we need to know the scale. I thought the leaves were too large
for the Photinia identification, but there as nothing really to
indicate how big they actually were.

Pam in Bristol

Thanks Pam, but I've looked it up and it does seem to be a Photinia.
You're right though, something to scale it against would have been
handy!- Hide quoted text -

Also saying where your mums garden was, could have been in Spain or
west indies for all we know, and that might explain the plastic around
the plants.
The more info you give the easier it is to answer.