Old 06-06-2011, 09:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin Roger Tonkin is offline

Default After the toms?

In article , says...

Hi all!

Suddenly find myself with a greenhouse to play with for the first time! Have
tomatoes & chillies planted directly in the ground at the moment & they all
seem to be growing nicely.

But, at the end of the summer, when I've cropped and cleared the ground,
what could I put in there this autumn?

Are there any food crops I can grow overwinter? It's in full sun, unheated &
the soil is just the ordinary soil that used to be a lawn but I've dug in
some multi purpose compost & pelleted chicken manure to improve it somewhat.
We're a mixture of chalk, flint, Kent greensand & clay that doesn't sound
great but with the added compost & manure it seems fine!

Any tips welcome...

Les

I plant winter lettuce. It is very cold here, and they dont grow very
quickly, but come early spring I move some outside and they seem to take
off ok.

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales