Old 20-04-2003, 06:22 AM
Alan Silver

Default How much/often do you dose with PMDD ?

Hello,

Our tank has about 120 litres of water (once you take off the gravel,
wood, etc) with one very large, one medium (but growing fast) and two
small echinodorus, plus a whole load of twisted vallis that are growing
fast. Water quality is good, water quite soft, pH about 6.5, CO2 added
from a DIY mixture, medium fish load. We have three four foot Triton
fluorescent tubes (can't remember the wattage) and a Fluval 2 filter.

Just bought some PMDD from someone I found from a Google search and was
wondering how much and how often to use it. Until now I have been using
a commercial fertiliser that said you add a certain number of CCs for
each litre of new water added (at water changes). How do I work it with
the PMDD ? Also, do I only add at the fortnightly water changes, or do I
add it more regularly ?

Any advice appreciated. I want to boost the plant growth, but don't want
an algae explosion !!

TIA

--
Alan Silver
Please remove the "furryferret" if replying by e-mail