Old 07-06-2011, 02:58 PM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default New gardener

Wikky wrote:

Hi everyone, I've only just recently moved to a property with a garden
and, as such, I'm a complete beginner at everything! My main problem is
that there seem to be weeds coming up in the flower bed which climb up
round the plants. I've tried pulling them out but they just break off
and leave the roots in the soil. Is there a weedkiller that I can use
which won't harm the flowers. I've heard of a substance that you paint
on the leaves of the weeds. Are these any good. Your help much
appreciated.

yes, you can do that, but if it
runs or drips off the leaves of the
weed onto the flowers the flowers