Old 08-06-2011, 01:00 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Pollinating Cucumbers

coykiesaol wrote:
Curiously the Persian cucumbers have started developing mostly females
flowers and only a few males. This morning I had 5 female flowers
opening but only 2 males. So I am wondering, is it possible to hand
pollinate more than 1 female flower with 1 male?

Sure there is lots of pollen to go around, it only takes one grain to do the
job, just dab the stamen on to the stigma of each female. Don't you have
enough bees?

David