Old 08-06-2011, 09:13 AM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha[_4_] View Post
Well, the spreading aspect may well be desirable in this instance. I
wonder if they'd start working their magic in keeping kids off the wall
well before they get to 8'. They're very uncomfortable things to bump
into and they do have the advantage of being evergreen.
I saw a city centre church the other day which was set back behind iron railings, and which had planted a broad strip of butchers broom behind the railings. What a very good way of discouraging the scallies climbing over the railings to carry out their depredations, I thought.