Old 08-06-2011, 11:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Pruning Question

On Tue, 7 Jun 2011 14:11:44 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill
wrote:

On Jun 7, 9:39*pm, Charlotte Grant wrote:
Hi

I have a buddleja davidii that I want to keep to 4ft height, 3ft spread.

What pruning regime should I follow please?

Best regards,

Dig it out.
There are some "Dwarf" fiorms that you will be able to keep to that
size, such as
http://www.thompson-morgan.com/flowe...EY4QodO yVktA
but Davidii will get a lot biger, I've had flowering spikes over 6ft
long on a mature bush

I bought some of these "buzz" plants earlier in the year to try. They
arrived as large plugs with about 2" of growth, maybe 2 or 3 stems,
above the compost. In the space of 6-8 weeks they have grown to about
a foot or so high and wide so they are fairly rapid growers. One plant
has already flowered and a second looks like it is about to. They're
currently in 12" tublets but I think they'll be going in the ground
shortly as they outgrow the tubs.
Jake