Old 08-06-2011, 11:02 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Bees

wrote:
I thought there was a bee crisis in the U.S. I have seen more bees in
the last few weeks than I have ever seen.

perhaps someone local has put in some
hives or had them trucked in to pollinate?

I am not sure what kind they
are, they don't look like what I think of as a honey bee. I also
found a wasp nest in my greenhouse after I got stung twice. Anyone
else?

i've seen very few honeybees here this year,
but it seems that pollination has been going
ok for most plants by other species (smaller
bees, bumblebees, etc). there has always been
a large variety around here of bees and we
keep them well stocked with flower feeding
stations of many kinds.

songbird