Old 09-06-2011, 03:13 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Nad R Nad R is offline

Default Recently planted Veggies in Clay Soil

Billy wrote:

Raised beds is the way to go for clay soil.

Sheez, are you so rich now that you can buy soil, rather than grow it?

Let it Rot!: The Gardener's Guide to Composting (Third Edition)
(Storey's Down-to-Earth Guides)
by Stu Campbell
http://www.amazon.com/Let-Rot-Compos...580170234/ref=
sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1294901182&sr=1-1
(Available a a library near you, until they close)

Libraries, that word sounds familiar. Do they exist anymore? With all those
government cutbacks these days. Still a good book.

I am financially dirt poor. However, I guess I can count myself lucky that
I can get a pickup load of compost for free every Saturday from the local
recycler. He has good stuff I had it tested from the state, cost $20. I
have my compost piles as well for improving the soil.

However, gardening is not like rocket science. Anyone with half a brain and
a strong back can compost.