Old 09-06-2011, 05:57 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default The penny drops

Duh!

Here in mainland Australia, we do not have Bumble bees. There are Bumble
bees in Tasmania but no on the mainland - lucky Tasmanians having these
delightful bumble bees!

Anyway, I've been reading a book on beekeeping and it's written by a north
American. I've been finding it hugely irritating to read because the author
writes about 'honey bees' this and 'honey bees' that and 'honey bees' the
other thing..........

Since I KNOW that I'm reading a book about bees, bee keeping, and honey
production for the backyard hive owner, I've been wondering why this person
keeps adding the adjective 'honey'. Duh! One dropped penny...........