Old 09-06-2011, 11:15 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Help Identifying Shrub Please

In message , Sadge
writes

[image:
http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/t...MG_0090-1.jpg]

Sorry it's a bit big (I struggle with pictures!). And I hope this post
is in the right place.

In terms of pixels, it's a bit small.

Can anybody tell me what this is please? The information I have is that
it grows rapidly in both height and spread; has pink flowers and the
leaves take on a reddish tinge in the winter.

The leaves are small, dull and soft, a light green and very slightly
serrated, and not in pairs. The leaf stems are reddish.

This plant was a cutting and it's in it's first year.

The lady I got it from called it 'Rampant Rain'.

I'd like to know a bit more about it before I plant it in the garden.

Thank you - hope you can help.

Judging by the scale implied by the car, the leaves aren't all that
small (2-3 inches long?)

From the picture I would tentatively suggest a willow (in which case
keep it away from your garden), but willows are deciduous and don't have
pink flowers.

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley