Old 20-04-2003, 06:22 AM
Rick

Default No PH change with DIY CO2

"Jim Miller" wrote in message
the only sure way to find a leak is to put the whole apparatus (bottles,
tubing, etc.) underwater with the output at the same depth or greater as

it
would be in the tank. you'll see your leak(s) right away.

i went crazy trying to find mine and it turned out to be a crack in the

body
of a check valve. i would have never found it otherwise.

it will only take the length of time to fill the bathtub to do it and

you'll
be a happy guy!

jtm

--

the only thing that I have not completely immersed in water is the top
portion of the jug and with that I sprayed soapy water around it and saw
nothing. Here is what has happened since. I removed both one gallon jugs. I
poured the contents of one jug in two liter pop bottle and hooked that up to
a micro bubbler and installed it in my 20 g tank and it was happily bubbling
away so it was not the yeast mixture. I then took the 2nd jug and hooked it
directly to another bubbler in my 77g tank bypassing the t connector and it
is bubbling way so it would appear that something in that connector is amiss
however as I mentioned I had that thing completely under water and nothing
was seen. The only other thing that comes to mind is could there be a
considerable loss of pressure if you lines are too long. I simply hooked
this up on a trial basis with an existing piece of line which was likely 6'
too long. The jugs were on the floor so the line went up several feet to the
tank and then down 2 feet to the bottom and in addition I had several feet
of extra line. Since I removed that extra line and the T connector things
seem to be working, and I was out checking on the cost of a pressurized
system. About $250.00 for gauge and regulator and another $100 to rent a
tank and $35.00 for a fill. The tank rental of course is a one time charge.

Rick