Old 09-06-2011, 01:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Coleus Cuttings

On Thu, 09 Jun 2011 13:03:34 +0100, Pam Moore
wrote:

On Wed, 8 Jun 2011 15:53:09 +0000, Glenys Everest
wrote:

I have chopped off some bits of my coleus plant which was getting leggy,
in the hope of it bushing out again - if I suspend these cuttings in the
neck of a bottle of water, will they root, or do I have to be more
cunning that that - also where would I put them in the sun or in the
shade, and how long to I wait before giving up the ghost on them?
Ta!
Glenys

I had success rooting a coleus relative in water and also taking
cuttings in a pot of soil in the usual way. This was the broad leaved
thme from Barbados. Sadly we've lost all the plants now.

Pam in Bristol

Sorry for "thme" read "thyme".

Pam in Bristol