Old 09-06-2011, 02:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default effective microorganisms ?

On 06/09/2011 11:49 AM, Symbio Symbio wrote:
The use of microorganisms, applied in different ways is highly
beneficial to all plants, grass and vegetables.

We concentrate on two main areas of adding soil biology to your soil:
One is using Beneficial Mycorrhizal Fungi and Compost Teas

Well, those are some pretty pricey brewers, I must say. You'd need to
have a pretty big operation to justify those sorts of costs. Also this
doesn't seem to be EM in the strict sense of Dr. Higa's work, not that I
am disputing the benefits of compost teas generally.

As for mycorrhizae, the benefits are very well documented and indeed I
am looking for a UK supplier as the products are very difficult to get
in France. I grow principally maples which require endo (as your site
correctly points out, well done). I have a couple of questions.

First, can you ship to the continent.

Is there a way to treat trees in the ground, i.e. watering in.

I am considering a late season foliar application of Fostyl-Al (Aliette)
on both seedlings and established plants as there is some evidence that
this chemical controls ice born pseudomonas syringae infections. It is
being used to augment first winter survival rates in particular. However
I am concerned it may have a negative effect on beneficial mycchorizal
populations. Your opinion?

Thanks,

-E

P.S. Advertising is discouraged here. I found your post useful, but
attaching a name rather than a company to it might make it more
palatable to others.