Old 09-06-2011, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod[_5_] Rod[_5_] is offline

Default My Rose leaves are ill

On Jun 8, 9:48*pm, Sultana Wahab
Esmerdaceretttstamfiddevontthamspteadiyhe...@hotm ail.com wrote:
Dear gardeners,
I’ve been told I have fungus growing on the Rose leaves!
The leaves have patches of white stuff, they look and feel weak. If I
try and clean each leaf with water, they’ll just crumble.
The Roses have been kept well over the years so I’m not used to seeing
them ill. The only change I can think of is that I moved them to a new
location.
I just don’t get it.

Thanks

--
Sultana Wahab

Yes, Sultana, as the others have said it's mainly the drought, they're
struggling to settle in their new place, the roots are insufficient as
yet to maintain the plant properly and drought is a primary cause of
this type of mildew in the way that if you are well you tend to stay
well even if disease is around. If you're a bit run down or off colour
you are more likely to get ill. So just keep them well watered and not
too much feeding until you see signs of recovery. A fungicide spray
might help but they tend to work best as a preventative rather than as
a cure.

Rod