Old 09-06-2011, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David WE Roberts[_2_] David WE Roberts[_2_] is offline

Default Drought!

"mogga" wrote in message
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...rought-warning

Wales, the south-west, the Midlands and East Anglia will be raised to
official drought status, enabling the government and water companies
to invoke extra controls over water supplies as a lack of rain
afflicts a huge band across the middle of the country.

Here in Oldham we have just had a big rumble of thunder!

Here in East Anglia it hasn't stopped raining since the announcement.
More scheduled for the weekend and early next week.

Puts me in mind of when they appointed a Minister for Drought - didn't stop
raining then, either.

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)